A Vivid Description of Dental Crowns Types and Uses
It is easy to locate a trustworthy Dentist who does dental crowns in Houston who can help you. A crown is a special cap with a shape of a natural tooth. It’s often placed on top of an existing tooth to bring back its size, shape, appearance and strength. A crowned tooth functions normally as long as the dentist was thorough and good at their work. When crowns are fixed into place, they enclose the whole visible portion of a tooth that appears to be above or at the gum line. Any uptown dental care clinic offers crowns because they are a safe way to fill gaps and restore beautiful smiles. It’s important to visit a dentist 77056 who has ample expertise in placing crowns.
Why do you need crowns?
There are a number of reasons why you might need to visit the top dental crowns houston tx specialist. Here are the main reasons:
- To restore a broken tooth or worn out tooth.
- To encase and back a tooth with a large filling when a lot of its natural parts are no longer there.
- To safeguard your weak tooth from decay, breakage or cracking further.
- To cover your dental implant or a tooth that has undergone a root canal.
- To cover a severely discolored or crooked tooth.
- To support your dental bridge work.
- To modify your smile.
Basically, any tooth that is too decayed and damaged to support a filling can be crowned. If your child’s teeth are at a high risk of decaying, they can be crowned to keep the child from enduring the process of teeth treatment.
Main types of crowns
Dentists have a number of options to pick from when it comes to crowns. So your houston texas dentist will give you options based on your special dental case. These are:
- Stainless steel crowns – These are placed on your permanent teeth as a short-lived solution. They are then removed when more permanent crowns are designed for you. Stainless steel crowns are most fit for kids and since they cover the whole tooth, they keep it from further decay. When its baby teeth are ready to come out, they do so with the fitted crowns. Stainless steel crowns are cost-effective and dependable.
- Porcelain fused metal crowns – The main advantage to using these is that they can be matched with your current teeth color and are stronger. Compared to other porcelain crowns, the ones fused with metal look more natural. Unless your gum starts to recede, the metal within the porcelain material remains invisible. If you have back or front teeth that need to be capped, choose these crown types.
- Metal crowns – These are made of metal alloys with a lot of platinum or gold as well as base-metal alloys like nickel-chromium or cobalt-chromium. These are great for chewing and make the best picks when you want long lasting crowns.
- All-ceramic crowns – Also called all-porcelain, these dental crowns provide the most natural teeth color. They are designed for people who are sensitive to metal crowns and need front or back teeth crowns.
- All-resin crowns – These are probably the worst picks in terms of durability. They develop fractures more easily and are the least expensive.
- Permanent and temporary crowns – If you want temporary crowns, your acrylic dental crowns dentist needs to know. They can be made in his or her office and get fitted. These crowns are designed in the dental laboratory using an acrylic material or stainless steel. As soon as the permanent ones are made, your dentist can remove the temporary ones.
Now that you know about crowns, welcome to your premier Houston Texas dental clinic that will provide the best solutions.