Teeth Straightening – See an orthodontist
Dentistry field has several different experts for some reason. Thus, if you have crooked or crowded teeth, the right specialist to see is an orthodontist. This dentist boasts a university undergraduate degree and two to three years of further training in their respective field. They have ample knowledge of teeth movements and jaw alignment issues. If you want to straighten your bent teeth or improve your bite, call a qualified orthodontist in Houston. Your dentist in uptown or midtown area should be a competent orthodontist who can straighten out your teeth in the safest way possible.
As you might know, braces are the right dental appliances for treating misaligned teeth and jaws. Now there are different types of braces and teeth aligners and so you are free to pick the right ones for your needs. While adults and teenagers can now wear clear braces that are hardly detectable, some of them may not avoid the traditional metal braces due to the complicated nature of their crooked teeth.
Invisalign aligners – Invisalign is the best brand for clear braces. It is just the one you need, if you want to straighten your teeth but not with metal braces. Invisible clear aligners are the best alternative you have. The biggest difference between metal braces and clear aligners is that the latter eliminates the hassle of living with pain in your mouth. Invisible braces are undetectable, meaning that people will not find out that you are wearing them unless they are too close to you. The process of fitting these aligners at any dentist 77002 clinic entails the following:
- An appointment with your best orthodontist in Houston area where both of you will discuss clear aligners and other types of braces.
- Next, if you are the right candidate for invisible braces placement, your dentist will carry out 3D imaging sessions. By so doing, he or she will capture the images of your mouth.
- Come up with invisible clear aligners that are customized for your teeth
- Make constant appointments with you to give you new aligners and examine your jaws and teeth movements.
The best thing with invisible aligners is that they are removable when eating and cleaning your teeth and gums. They must be worn for at least twenty-two hours and are easy to attach and detach. These braces are not better than metal aligners when it comes to solving chronic teeth and jaw misalignments. They provide results sooner; however, depending on how many dental issues are being targeted and how serious they are, good results can be attained in three months to one year. Each aligner is designed to move the tooth it’s placed on until the desired position is attained.
Good results are easy to attain if your dentist does a good job and you also wear your braces religiously. Invisible clear braces are perfect for someone who has crooked teeth, irregular spaces between teeth, crowded teeth and malocclusions (especially underbites and overbites). This from of orthodontic treatment is one of the newest options being offered by 77027 dentist clinics. The cost of placing clear braces at Midtown clinics varies a little.
But it will mostly depend on the number of aligners needed and who you are dealing with. So get your invisalign 77027 orthodontist carefully to avoid overpaying or receiving a poor service. Some dental insurance companies provide allowances for invisible braces treatment and other dental restoration procedures. Ensure that you search for them.
Veneers – Repair front teeth fractures, chips and gaps
Sometimes you have your tooth intact, only that it’s partly broken or has a crack. This tooth doesn’t have to stay damaged as there are proper solutions. Besides making your smile look bad, a broken or cracked tooth can hurt or feel sensitive. Due to the dental discomfort it causes, such a tooth should be repaired with a veneer. Veneers are very thin ceramic dental appliances that are used to repair front teeth issues. They are simply glued to the front of teeth crowns.
Since they look as natural as the teeth themselves, veneers are extremely great solutions. Made of porcelain material, veneers blend well with the rest of your permanent teeth. They are relatively strong and permanently bonded to teeth. As veneers are durable, they can last for a whole decade or longer. If you cannot afford a dental crown, a veneer will be a perfect alternative for boosting your smile. Porcelain veneers are lovely appliances that can be used to close small gaps between teeth and repair dental chips and cracks without breaking a bank. The leading brands are Lumineers, Lava Veneers and e-Max Veneers. Our advice is to select a dental specialist who provides all kinds so that you can pick the most suitable type.
Who doesn’t want a brighter, whiter smile? A vibrant smile speaks volumes about the owner’s effort to maintain top-notch oral health. While some people have super white natural teeth, the majority don’t. This can be due to:
- Smoking – It affects your teeth color because of the tobacco content in the smoke. Tobacco in cigarettes and other products is known to destroy teeth, and other parts of the body. Yellow or brown teeth can be cleaned now, thanks to the current whitening products and techniques.
- Acidic beverages – The known culprits are coffee, tea, red wine and soda. They contain substances that can discolor your teeth.
- Poor diet choices – Color of your natural teeth can be ruined by the food you eat, according to the ADA (American Dental Association). So, it is advisable to consume some foods in moderation or quit totally. These include processed foods with a lot of acid, sugary drinks, and highly acidic and sugary natural fruits.
- Minerals in drinking water – The major cause of teeth discoloration is fluoride. It is known to destroy the outer surface of teeth (enamel) over time.
- Genetics – Some people are genetically predisposed to have discolored teeth at a given point in their lives. Some may notice teeth stains as early as late twenties or early thirties. The problem is compounded by one’s lifestyle choices.
- Antibiotics – A given class of antibiotics can destroy your teeth enamel and leave it in danger of developing stains. For instance, tetracycline that is often given to children younger than eight years old is known to yellow their teeth. Doxycycline antibiotic is also a similar cause of teeth discoloration in kids younger than eight years.
- Plaque and tartar – Plaque and tartar (calculus) form because of poor oral health. Plaque is usually colorless and sticky, and can be seen if you scrape your tooth with a finger nail or toothpick. If you continue to leave plaque on your teeth enamel, it will harden and become yellow (tartar). Calculus is often so difficult to remove and the only way to get rid of it is to have your teeth cleaned professionally.
Professional teeth cleanings that make your teeth whiter are best done at your dentist’s office. While most people attain excellent results, some teeth stains remain and the only way to remove them is to get a veneers or Lumineers treatment. The process is done mostly in three different ways:
- Custom teeth whitening trays
- Top quality 3D white strips
- In-office teeth whitening.
Consulting your dentist prior to having your teeth thoroughly cleaned is much recommended. He or she will consider your current teeth condition prior to picking the right treatment method. Custom teeth whitening trays are items that can fit snugly against your stained teeth. They are left in contact with your teeth for a longer period and when combined with a whitening gel, your effort to whiten your teeth can be so successful.
In-office cleaning process is carried out when a patient does not want to use home teeth bleaching trays. While you can buy bleaching agents at your local pharmacist’s shop, the most recommended way to have brighter, whiter teeth is to go into the doctor’s office. In just about 30 to 40 minutes your dentist will give you the whiter smile you crave so bad. Besides, you can whiten one tooth or more in your dentist’s office or decide to deep clean your entire mouth (gums and teeth) to prevent gum disease.
With professional 3D whitening strips, you can clean your teeth yourself at home. Simply get strips from a dental clinic and they will mold to the outline of every tooth you wish to clean and come off easily. These strips can keep your teeth whiter for up to one year if they are applied once per day for thirty minutes. In just twenty days you will notice excellent results. Remember to only select a dependable service provider who can offer the safest and most successful whitening techniques.
Gum disease – Get rid of periodontal disease symptoms
One of the worst dental problems is gum disease and it affects the tissues that support your teeth. The early version of it is gingivitis and it usually causes the gums to bleed. But when it goes untreated, it continues to worsen until it reaches the advanced stage called periodontitis or periodontal disease. This one eats away at your gum tissues and the bone underneath them. And as the gum tissues deteriorate, pockets of infections develop around them.
These pockets get larger and larger as the disease progresses and they host bacteria that excrete toxins. These toxins cause inflammation. If you do nothing at this point, your gum tissue and bone will begin to recede from your teeth and the teeth will become loose and fall off. This is why you need the best doctor to treat your painful teeth and gums as soon as you notice warning signs. The disease has stages of course and the worst one is periodontitis. If you ignore it, you might end up being operated on to treat your gums fully. Things that promote this disease is smoking or chewing tobacco, diabetes, crooked teeth, pregnancy, poorly fitted dental crowns or bridges, damaged dental fillings and certain medications. If you have gum disease, you will notice the following:
- Bleeding from the gums
- Gums that are red, swollen and tender
- Gums recession
- Bad breath or bad taste in your oral cavity that won’t stop
- Loose permanent teeth
- Misaligned bite
- Your dental appliances have become loose, including dentures, crowns and bridges.
After diagnosis, your oral doctor will design the best treatment plan for you by considering the extent to which your disease has progressed. As well, how successful the treatment will be will depend on how committed you are to keeping your mouth clean and how passionately you can avoid factors that promote gum disease. Mainly, periodontitis is treated via surgery, laser therapy and deep cleaning. If your disease has not progressed a lot, it might improve after having your teeth and gums deep cleaned.
This means that the hygienist will extract tartar from the crowns and the roots of your teeth. This is a thorough process that leaves your teeth and gums spotlessly clean. If your disease doesn’t get better after this, your doctor might decide to use laser therapy on you or perform periodontal surgery. The best approach will be determined at the doctor’s office and you will be expected to cooperate.
So far you know some of the dental issues you can have a dentist midtown Houston clinic solve for you. Don’t hesitate to have your mouth examined and treated as soon as you notice symptoms of all the dental issues we have enumerated in this article. Finally, use the right dental expert to make sure you get value for your money.